Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area Employment Opportunities
Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area holds an annual job fair to fill positions for the upcoming winter season. The HVHSA job fair for the 2014/2015 winter season will be held Monday, November 24 from 6-9 pm.
Please bring your resume and reference letters with you, as you will speak directly with the supervisor of the department for which you are applying.
Both Full-Time and Part-Time Positions may be available in the following departments: Food & Beverage, Customer Service, Rental & Repair Department, Outdoor Operations and Snow School.
Positions available outside of the job fair will be posted here as available.
IMMEDIATE REQUIREMENT: FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER
Reporting to the General Manager, the Food and Beverage Manager is a full-time seasonal employee from November through the end of March. This position requires working on weekends, holidays and nights.
As a key member of the HVHSA management team, the Food and Beverage Manager works daily with the General Manager, Book Keeper, Communications & Events Manager, F&B Staff and the public.
The F&B Manager may decide on all staffing and purchasing requirements for the operation of the F&B department within the scope outlined by the F&B budget and operating policies of HVHSA.
The main job responsibilities on which performance is evaluated include but are not limited to:
- Provide a consistent and well organized Food and Beverage Department
- Provide a safe and clean work place
- Exhibit good management skills with staff and ensure all staff are properly trained and have proper uniform
- Order food and supplies as required
- Maintain inventory control on all food, beverage and supplies
- Apply proper food and beverage costing and pricing to maintain budgeted cost of food and beverage ratios
- Supply food and beverage service for events
- Ensure that the chalet eating areas and washrooms are continually cleared and clean during operations
As a HVHSA Manager, the Food and Beverage Manager is expected to conduct his or herself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity when dealing with guests, other staff members and suppliers.
The Food and Beverage Manager must have experience in the day to day management of a commercial Food and Beverage operation including but not limited to safe food handling, food knowledge, sanitation and safety, food costing, ordering and inventory control, WHMIS, staffing, cash handling and reporting and Smart Serve training.
Interested applicants please send a cover letter and resume to Tim Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org.