Friday, February 12, 2021
Only a few more days until we re-open. Just to confirm with everyone, we are planning to re-open Wednesday, February 17 and operate Wednesday to Saturday from 9:00 am – 9:00 pm and Sunday to Monday from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm until Sunday, March 21. That is an increase of operations to 6 days and 4 nights per week. We will then return to our regular operations of 5 days and 3 nights per week until April 4 (maybe April 5) and then ask Mother Nature if we can operate some more.
We will open this Wednesday with all lifts going, all slopes open and all services we can offer ready in the chalet. We are in the process of discussing options possible for lessons and programs with the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit.
It has just been announced that Simcoe Muskoka will be placed into the Red Zone on Tuesday, February 16. We will be re-opening under very similar restrictions to when we closed on December, 26th. Please note that all Members and Season Passholders MUST register their visit to the resort online within 24 hours of their visit and that all lift tickets, rentals and lessons must be pre-purchased online before your visit. Here is a quick summary of the restrictions;
Before and Upon Arrival
– All products (except Food & Beverage) will be sold online.
– Pre-purchase of lift tickets, lessons, rentals and passes are required.
– Members and Guests should arrive ready to ski and snowboard or get prepared for skiing and snowboarding in the parking lot. Their vehicle should become their personal day lodge.
– Members and Season Passholders are required to register via an easy and quick online program each time they visit the resort for contact tracing purposes.
– If the Face covering policy is not respected, guests will be asked to leave the property.
– Bring extra masks as your mask will get wet while in the lift line and on the lifts.
– If parents are dropping off their kids, they must be ready to stay outside on the slopes for the duration of being at the ski hill.
– Respect signage and staff who are helping to maintain social distancing.
– Face coverings will be mandatory in the lift lines and while riding the lifts.
– Face coverings will be mandatory any time that 2-meter social distancing cannot be maintained which includes on chalet decks, in the parking lot and on the slopes.
– 2-meter social distancing must be maintained in lift lines unless you are in a household bubble.
– Household bubbles can ride the chairlift together. One space must be left vacant between all other people riding lifts. At Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area, this means that two people who are not in the same household bubble can ride the chairlift together.
– No group gatherings are allowed on the slopes, in the terrain park, in the parking lot or in other outdoor spaces.
– Young children must be supervised by a parent or chaperone. If they cannot ride the lifts on their own, a parent or chaperone should be with them to assist.
– Anyone who requires the attention of Patrol must wear a mask while being attended to by the Patroller.
– Face coverings are mandatory in all indoor spaces, any line-ups (inside or outside) and in any area where 2-meter social distancing cannot be maintained.
– Indoor facilities will be for Guest services, Rental pickup/drop-off, Food & beverage pick-up, use of washrooms, emergency warming-up and access to Member lockers.
– Maximum occupancy will be posted on the outside doors of the chalet.
– All food and beverage sales will be for take-out only. There is no eating indoors.
– No outside food is permitted in the chalet.
– Bags and equipment cannot be left in the chalet.
– Young children must be supervised by a parent or chaperone. There will be no running loose in the chalet.
– The Member’s locker area is for equipment storage only. It is not a dressing area.
– All indoor stairways are for emergency use only. There are no accessing other areas of the chalet via indoor stairways.
– Only the person (and guardian if under 18) picking up their season pass should come in the chalet. Leave the rest of the family and your friends outside.
– Only one person in your party should come inside to pick-up lift tickets and rental or lesson vouchers.
We are super excited to get the slopes open so we can see all your smiling faces enjoying skiing and snowboarding again. Please make sure you respect all rules and restrictions so that “You are not part of the reason we lose our season”.