LIFT MECHANIC POSITION
Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area Inc. and the Muskoka Ski Club are seeking a full-time year-round Ski Lift Mechanic. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for carrying out regular maintenance, inspections, and routine repairs on the resort’s ski lifts. It is the responsibility of the whole department to identify any situations related to the safe and proper operation of the lifts and other equipment and to bring these to the attention of the Operations Manager. A Lift Mechanic will be a team player working closely with Lift Maintenance and all other departments. This position requires a self-starter who takes initiative and ownership of lifts, with a strong work ethic to help achieve a high standard of safety and reliability. We offer competitive industry wages. An hourly wage will be determined based on previous experience and qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform scheduled maintenance, inspection, and repairs on the resort’s lift system
- Maintain a high level of safety on the job, and for other staff and guests
- Provide a high level of professionalism and courtesy to ski area guests
- Contribute to the long-term reliability of the lifts and their components
- Complete accurate and consistent record keeping in an efficient and timely manner
- Promote effective communication between Lift Maintenance and other departments
- Train lift operators on the safe operation of lifts
- Knowledge of lift regulations, Ontario Elevating Devices Act, and National Z98 Code
- Read, understand, and implement company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to snowmaking, mechanical work on rolling stock, light electrical, light carpentry
- Shifts will be mid-week, weekends, and evenings on a rotating basis – you must be flexible to work long hours during peak times.
- Valid TSSA Certification SLM A or B.
- Highly mechanically inclined – with the ability to identify mechanical problems, and replace/repair parts on lifts.
- Current working knowledge of the Health and Safety code.
- WHMIS training.
- Able and willing to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Able and willing to climb lift towers and work above ground.
All resumes to be sent to:
Operations Manager, Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area Inc. and Muskoka Ski Club.