Use of the Chalet at Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area & Muskoka Ski Club
The new Provincial regulations implemented on January 5th will affect our operations and here is what to expect. But we are also super grateful to still be skiing and snowboarding!
The chalet will be the part of our operation that will be impacted the most. We will return to a similar set-up as last spring for chalet use.
INSIDE THE CHALET
- Masks are mandatory at all times while inside.
- The Guest Service area of the chalet is open for ticket pick-up, Annual Pass/Season Pass pick-up, and rental or lesson registration.
- The second level of the chalet is only open for Food & Beverage take-out or for use of the washrooms.
- The Rental Shop is open for pick-up and return of equipment.
- The Member locker area is open for storage or pick-up of equipment by MSC Members only. No getting dressed for skiing or snowboarding in this area.
- All areas of the chalet that are open will have strict capacity limits. Please respect staff when they are monitoring these capacities.
- There is no use of the chalet for getting dressed or prepared for skiing or snowboarding.
- No outside food or bags are permitted in the chalet.
- There is no loitering in the chalet at any time.
- For safety, the chalet may be used for emergency warm-up if approved by HVHSA Management.
Outdoor operations do not appear to be affected at this point.
OUTSIDE THE CHALET
- In-person learning is still permitted which means that programs and lessons will continue.
- Capacities at the lifts remain focused on social distancing in line-ups.
- Masks are required in line-ups, while loading and while riding lifts.
- The only time that a mask is not required is while skiing or snowboarding.
- All Members and Guests should come prepared to ski or snowboard.
- Use your car as your personal day lodge. Any youth night skiing must have access to a ride home at any time that night skiing is operating. If it is too cold to ski or snowboard, you should be able to access a ride home as the chalet is not available as a place to hang out.
Updated January 5th, 2022.
Here is what to expect and what to do when you come to play at the Club. Please note that the regulations from the Province of Ontario and the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit (SMDHU) can change at any time and the procedure and restrictions at the Club may be adjusted to follow these changes.
You will also find this information on the Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area webpage by clicking on the COVID Update button. It is on the home screen beside the Season Pass Holder Daily Registration button. You will have a choice between Member Info or Public Info. The Member Info will have specific information for MSC Members.
Also, please note that we need all Members to register each day before you come skiing. It is the same process as last season. You can use the same user name and sign in like last year. If you forgot your password, just click on “forgotten password” to reset it. If you did not register last year, you can follow the registration process. We need every Member to participate in this to meet contact tracing and health screening requirements.
Thanks for your cooperation in advance and see you on the slopes soon.
Click below to read the full safety plan updated on January 5th, 2022.