We’re looking forward to welcoming you back in a safe and fun setting this winter! Please read our updated Covid-19 statement. Scroll to the bottom of the page for past information. If you have any questions about our policies please call 705-789-1773. We’ll see you on the slopes!
The Muskoka Ski Club (MSC) and Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area (HVHSA) support the Provincial Government of Ontario in its efforts to move out of Stage 3 and re-open the province. We will at the very minimum follow all regulations and requirements created by the Provincial and Federal Governments, as well as, the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit. The situation related to COVID-19 is very fluid and changing frequently. MSC and HVHSA will adjust and modify our operations to support any changes that will affect us. Your cooperation with these changes is very much appreciated.
The following is the Members and Guest COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. At this time, it is primarily related to the use of in-door company premises as outdoor has activity is not restricted provided social distancing can be maintained. The full Safety Plan relating to the use of all aspects of the resort will be posted shortly.
Member and Guest COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Safe and healthy company premises are a priority to the Muskoka Ski Club (MSC) and Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area (HVHSA), to help ensure a safe and healthy company premises, as well as a safe and enjoyable recreational experience for our guests, MSC and HVHSA will require all Members and Guests to provide proof of full vaccination if they choose to use any in-door company premises. Unvaccinated people may enter in-door company premises to pick up lift tickets, to use the washrooms or to pick up Food & Beverage products but they must exit the company premises immediately after completing these tasks. MSC and HVHSA will continue to follow all Federal, Provincial and Simcoe and Muskoka District Health Unit regulations regarding COVID-19 restrictions and requirements to operate a safe facility. As such, this policy may be modified at any time.
2.0 Scope of Policy
The policy applies to all MSC Members and HVHSA Guests 12 years old and older.
· All MSC Members and Guests of HVHSA must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 when utilizing in-door company premises.
· Unvaccinated MSC Members and Guests of HVHSA may enter in-door company facilities to pick up lift tickets, use washrooms and pick up Food & Beverage products.
· Unvaccinated MSC Members and Guests of HVHSA must leave in-door company premises immediately after picking up tickets/food or using the washrooms.
· MSC Members and Guests of HVHSA may use outdoor company premises regardless of vaccination status.
· All MSC Members and Guests of HVHSA must follow all other regulations implemented due to Federal Government, Provincial Government, and the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, as well as the Alpine Responsibility Code.
4.0 Roles & Responsibilities
Management is required to:
· Have staff in place to verify vaccination status of each MSC Members and Guests of HVHSA 12 years old and older who enter in-door company premises.
· Ensure that unvaccinated MSC Members and Guests of HVHSA are not loitering in any in-door company premises before or after picking up lift tickets/season passes, using washrooms or picking up Food & Beverage products.
· Keep MSC Member and Guests of HVHSA health status private.
· Respond to any MSC Member or Guests of HVHSA queries about COVID-19 practices that HVH is following.
MSC Member and Guests of HVHSA are required to:
· Provide proof of vaccination. Proof means documentation verifying receipt of a vaccination series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization either electronically or in hard copy.
· Not come to company premises if they feel ill or show signs of having COVID-19.
· Respect all regulations and restrictions implemented by HVHSA.
- “Company Business” means all business activities related to Hidden Valley Highlands and Muskoka Ski Club operations, whether conducted on or off resort premises. It does not include work performed remotely at home.
- “Company Premises” includes, but is not restricted to, all land, property, structures, installations, vehicles, or equipment owned, leased, operated, used, or otherwise controlled by MSC or HVHSA for the purpose of conducting MSC or HVHSA business.
- “COVID-19” is an infectious disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, a highly contagious virus.
- “Vaccine(s)” refers to a vaccine approved by Health Canada for use in Canada in relation to COVID-19.
- “Vaccination” refers to the administration of a Vaccine(s) to protect individuals from COVID-19. It may include the administration of one or more doses of vaccines.
- “Vaccinated” refers to an individual who has received all recommended doses of a Vaccine recommended or required to produce an immune response to COVID-19.
6.0 What are the expectations and outcomes of the policy?
The expectation of this policy is to provide a safe company premise for Members and Guests to enjoy. Any MSA Member or Guest of HVHSA who breaches the provisions of this policy is subject to discipline ranging from temporary suspension to seasonal suspension from use of any company premises.
Important Things to Know Before you go:
- If you are feeling sick/unwell, please stay home
- You must wear a mask/face covering when inside – Masks are required in ALL indoor areas of the chalet. The only time that it is OK not to be masked inside is while seated eating. Guests without a mask or face covering will be turned away, no exceptions. No mask, no pass.
- Stay Informed! – Visit the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit’s website or our website before your visit to get all the latest information about our Covid-19 policies and any changes that could have taken place between your time of booking and arrival.
- Be Patient, Be Kind — With physical distancing measures in place across the resort, lift lines and wait times may look and feel longer—but be patient with our staff and with each other. Remember, any day on the slopes is better than a day in the office! Given the current circumstances, we’re lucky to have the opportunity to ski, ride, and enjoy the beauty of Muskoka—so please keep this in mind and be respectful during your visit.
It’s going to be a great winter with tons of skiing and snowboarding! If you have any questions about our policies and how to plan your visit to Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area call 705-789-1773.