We’re looking forward to welcoming you back to the 2022-2023 season in a safe and fun setting!
Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area Inc and Muskoka Ski Club operations are subject to Government and Public Health legislation in regard to COVID-19 and are subject to change without notice. We will continue to follow the guidelines and recommendations set forth by the Ontario government and public health officials.
We still need to do our part to protect ourselves and others, especially during respiratory illness season. This includes practising good hand hygiene, wearing a mask if required or if you feel it is right for you and staying home when you are sick.
Please refrain from visiting Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area if:
- you are feeling sick and/or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- have been in contact with someone displaying COVID-19 symptoms.
- have been in direct contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
Please read our past Covid-19 statements below and scroll to the bottom of the page for past information. If you have any questions about our policies please call 705-789-1773. We’ll see you on the slopes!
Summary of the Covid-19 Regulations at Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area as of March 1st, 2022.
Summary of COVID regulations at Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area as of January 5th, 2022
The new Provincial regulations implemented on January 5th, 2022 will affect our operations and here is what to expect.
The chalet will be the part of our operation that will be impacted the most. We will return to a similar set-up as last spring for chalet use.
INSIDE THE CHALET
- Masks are mandatory at all times while inside.
- The Guest Service area of the chalet is open for ticket pick-up, Annual Pass/Season Pass pick-up, and rental or lesson registration.
- The second level of the chalet is only open for Food & Beverage take-out or for use of the washrooms.
- The Rental Shop is open for pick-up and return of equipment.
- The Member locker area is open for storage or pick-up of equipment by MSC Members only. No getting dressed for skiing or snowboarding in this area.
- All areas of the chalet that are open will have strict capacity limits. Please respect staff when they are monitoring these capacities.
- There is no use of the chalet for getting dressed or prepared for skiing or snowboarding.
- No outside food or bags are permitted in the chalet.
- There is no loitering in the chalet at any time.
- For safety, the chalet may be used for emergency warm-up if approved by HVHSA Management.
Outdoor operations do not appear to be affected at this point.
OUTSIDE THE CHALET
- In-person learning is still permitted which means that programs and lessons will continue.
- Capacities at the lifts remain focused on social distancing in line-ups.
- Masks are required in line-ups, while loading and while riding lifts.
- The only time that a mask is not required is while skiing or snowboarding.
- All Members and Guests should come prepared to ski or snowboard.
- Use your car as your personal day lodge. Any youth night skiing must have access to a ride home at any time that night skiing is operating. If it is too cold to ski or snowboard, you should be able to access a ride home as the chalet is not available as a place to hang out.
Updated January 5th, 2022.
Here is what to expect and what to do when you come to play at the Club. Please note that the regulations from the Province of Ontario and the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit (SMDHU) can change at any time and the procedure and restrictions at the Club may be adjusted to follow these changes.
You will also find this information on the Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area webpage by clicking on the COVID Update button. It is on the home screen beside the Season Pass Holder Daily Registration button. You will have a choice between Member Info or Public Info. The Member Info will have specific information for MSC Members.
Also, please note that we need all Members to register each day before you come skiing. It is the same process as last season. You can use the same user name and sign in like last year. If you forgot your password, just click on “forgotten password” to reset it. If you did not register last year, you can follow the registration process. We need every Member to participate in this to meet contact tracing and health screening requirements.
Thanks for your cooperation in advance and see you on the slopes soon.
Click the link to read our full updated Safety Plan MSC & HVHSA – Safety Plan – COVID-19 – Jan.5-22
December 20, 2021
Below is a brief outline of what can be expected when skiing or snowboarding at Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area (HVHSA) during the 2021-22 winter season. Please always check for updates as regulations from the Provincial Government and Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit can change with very little notice.
- All products (except Food & Beverage) are available online.
- Pre-purchase of lift tickets, lessons, rentals and passes is strongly recommended.
- Members and Season Passholders are required to register via an easy and quick online program each time they visit the resort for contact tracing purposes and health screening.
- Whenever possible, Members and Guests should arrive ready to ski and snowboard or get prepared for skiing and snowboarding in the parking lot. Their vehicle should become their personal day lodge.
- Bags and equipment should not be left in the public areas of the chalet
- Use of all indoor space requires proof of full vaccination (POV) with the exception of picking up tickets/passes, picking up food, picking up rentals or use of the washrooms. If you want to stay inside, you must show POV.
- Proof of full vaccination requires documentation of receipt of 2 doses of approved vaccine (QR code or printed) plus government personal ID.
- Capacity is at 50% inside. Limits to the different areas of the chalet will be posted at the entry to the area.
- Respect all signs and staff regarding capacity limits and POV.
- No outside food is permitted in the public areas of the chalet.
- Face coverings are mandatory in all indoor spaces, in any line-ups in or around the chalet, and in any other area where 2-meter social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Indoor occupancy will follow all provincial government and Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit regulations.
- 2-meter social distancing will be maintained within lift lines and masks are mandatory while in the lift line.
- Face coverings are mandatory while loading lifts, in lift lines and while riding the lifts with people outside your household bubble but not while skiing or snowboarding.
- Young children must be supervised by a parent or chaperone. There will be no running loose in the chalet.
- If you feel sick, stay home. If you have any symptoms of COVID, stay home. If you develop symptoms of COVID while here, notify HVHSA Management and either leave the property and get tested OR HVHSA management will designate a place of isolation until a ride can be arranged. Rainchecks will be arranged.
Member and Guest COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Safe and healthy company premises are a priority to the Muskoka Ski Club (MSC) and Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area (HVHSA), to help ensure a safe and healthy company premises, as well as a safe and enjoyable recreational experience for our guests, MSC and HVHSA will require all Members and Guests to provide proof of full vaccination if they choose to use any in-door company premises. Unvaccinated people may enter in-door company premises to pick up lift tickets, to use the washrooms or to pick up Food & Beverage products but they must exit the company premises immediately after completing these tasks. MSC and HVHSA will continue to follow all Federal, Provincial and Simcoe and Muskoka District Health Unit regulations regarding COVID-19 restrictions and requirements to operate a safe facility. As such, this policy may be modified at any time.
2.0 Scope of Policy
The policy applies to all MSC Members and HVHSA Guests 12 years old and older.
· All MSC Members and Guests of HVHSA must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 when utilizing in-door company premises.
· Unvaccinated MSC Members and Guests of HVHSA may enter in-door company facilities to pick up lift tickets, use washrooms and pick up Food & Beverage products.
· Unvaccinated MSC Members and Guests of HVHSA must leave in-door company premises immediately after picking up tickets/food or using the washrooms.
· MSC Members and Guests of HVHSA may use outdoor company premises regardless of vaccination status.
· All MSC Members and Guests of HVHSA must follow all other regulations implemented due to Federal Government, Provincial Government, and the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit, as well as the Alpine Responsibility Code.
4.0 Roles & Responsibilities
Management is required to:
· Have staff in place to verify vaccination status of each MSC Members and Guests of HVHSA 12 years old and older who enter in-door company premises.
· Ensure that unvaccinated MSC Members and Guests of HVHSA are not loitering in any in-door company premises before or after picking up lift tickets/season passes, using washrooms or picking up Food & Beverage products.
· Keep MSC Member and Guests of HVHSA health status private.
· Respond to any MSC Member or Guests of HVHSA queries about COVID-19 practices that HVH is following.
MSC Member and Guests of HVHSA are required to:
· Provide proof of vaccination. Proof means documentation verifying receipt of a vaccination series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization either electronically or in hard copy.
· Not come to company premises if they feel ill or show signs of having COVID-19.
· Respect all regulations and restrictions implemented by HVHSA.
- “Company Business” means all business activities related to Hidden Valley Highlands and Muskoka Ski Club operations, whether conducted on or off resort premises. It does not include work performed remotely at home.
- “Company Premises” includes, but is not restricted to, all land, property, structures, installations, vehicles, or equipment owned, leased, operated, used, or otherwise controlled by MSC or HVHSA for the purpose of conducting MSC or HVHSA business.
- “COVID-19” is an infectious disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, a highly contagious virus.
- “Vaccine(s)” refers to a vaccine approved by Health Canada for use in Canada in relation to COVID-19.
- “Vaccination” refers to the administration of a Vaccine(s) to protect individuals from COVID-19. It may include the administration of one or more doses of vaccines.
- “Vaccinated” refers to an individual who has received all recommended doses of a Vaccine recommended or required to produce an immune response to COVID-19.
6.0 What are the expectations and outcomes of the policy?
The expectation of this policy is to provide a safe company premise for Members and Guests to enjoy. Any MSA Member or Guest of HVHSA who breaches the provisions of this policy is subject to discipline ranging from temporary suspension to seasonal suspension from use of any company premises.
Snow School Vaccination Policy
As of December, 1st, 2021
Further to the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit’s requirement that all indoor sporting and recreational activities require proof of vaccination for those participants 12 years old and older and due to the fact that instructors and coaches may not be able to maintain social distancing during lessons and programs, Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area Snowschool will require all participants in lessons and programs who are 12 years old and older to provide proof of vaccination in order to participate in their lesson or program.
This policy will affect:
- those participants 12 years old and older in camps and 8-week programs,
- adults participating in a Parent and Tot Lesson or Parent-and-Tot 8-week program,
- our Ladies Thursday Program participants,
- participants in Private Lessons and Discover Ski or Snowboard Programs who are 12 years old or older.
This requirement is consistent with our club programs offered to members of the Muskoka Ski Club and will help maintain the Health and Safety of our Staff and Guests participating in snow school programming and lessons. Further to this requirement, the Hidden Valley Snowschool has mandated that all instructional and coaching staff provide proof of vaccination as a condition of their employment.
We will be asking for proof of vaccination at check-in for your lesson or program. For participants 12 years old or older registered in a lesson or program without proof of vaccination or a valid medical exemption, we will refund fees paid. Please note that our regular refund timelines will apply. Applications for refunds must be received 7 days prior to the start of a camp or program or 72 hours prior to the start of a Private Lesson, Discover Lesson or Parent and Tot Private Lesson. We will waive the standard admin fee for refund requests received by the end of day December 8th. Following December 8th, the standard $25 administration fee for camps and programs or $15 administration fee for Private Lessons and Discover Lessons will apply. Applications for refunds must be made in writing via email to snowschool@skihiddenvalley.
Important Things to Know Before you go:
- If you are feeling sick/unwell, please stay home
- You must wear a mask/face covering when inside – Masks are required in ALL indoor areas of the chalet. The only time that it is OK not to be masked inside is while seated eating. Guests without a mask or face covering will be turned away, no exceptions. No mask, no pass.
- Stay Informed! – Visit the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit’s website or our website before your visit to get all the latest information about our Covid-19 policies and any changes that could have taken place between your time of booking and arrival.
- Be Patient, Be Kind — With physical distancing measures in place across the resort, lift lines and wait times may look and feel longer—but be patient with our staff and with each other. Remember, any day on the slopes is better than a day in the office! Given the current circumstances, we’re lucky to have the opportunity to ski, ride, and enjoy the beauty of Muskoka—so please keep this in mind and be respectful during your visit.
It’s going to be a great winter with tons of skiing and snowboarding! If you have any questions about our policies and how to plan your visit to Hidden Valley Highlands Ski Area call 705-789-1773.